First post on blogger. Some of my goals (personal and math PLC) are humbling, but I want them to be attainable.
Personal S.M.A.R.T Goals for 2007-2008
1. At least 60% passing rate on the AP Calculus AB exam this year.
a. Complete curriculum before Spring Break
b. All students take at least 2 full practice examinations
c. Students will classify at least 5 years worth of Free Response questions and examine grading standards.
2. Direct Instruction in my classroom will be no more than 40% of class time.
a. Direct Instruction will entail the rule of 4 to develop a topic.
b. Group work and cooperative learning will examine and analyze open-ended questions.
c. Homework and Quizzes will practice and assess skills
3. Students will utilize technology daily to solve problems and organize class work
a. 100% of students will subscribe to their class iCal.
b. I should observe students using TI-83's, graphing calculator(on laptop), eigenmath, etc. every class period.
c. I will experiment with other online tools including PBWiki, interactive classroom blog (more than just a place to post class information), and math content sites (Purplemath, InteractiveMath, etc.) by using them in class at least twice a quarter.
Math PLC Goals for 2007-2008
1. Meet or exceed state average for state math assessment, ACT, and AP Calculus scores.
2. Positively affect student classroom learning by increasing focus during PLC time
a. 75% of PLC time is focused on student learning in the classroom.
3. Implement UPIC problem solving strategy
a. Place a poster in each math classroom and at least 8 other classrooms.
b. Each math teacher will share a UPIC anecdote once a month during PLC time.